screenSpec: Items > Item Adjust Quantities in Stock
- This is a POPUP form to allow a user to manually add, change, or delete quantities in stock–from the Item Detail > Stock (tab) > Adjust Quantities in Stock (Button).
- Each adjustment will:
- ADD A NEW RECEIPT in OneSource (when the adjustment is adding MORE to inventory) OR MODIFY AN EXISTING RECEIPT (when the adjustment is removing inventory).
- Sync with QBO to:
- Make the Inventory Quantity in Stock Increase or Decrease by the same amount.
- Create an ‘Inventory Quantity Adjustment’ in QBO, which should adjust the Inventory (Balance Sheet) Asset Account UP (when adding item quantities to stock) or DOWN (when removing item quantities from stock). This ‘Inventory Quantity Adjustment’ record in QBO should also make the Profit and Loss – Cost of Goods (Inventory Shrinkage) account INCREASE when item quantities in stock have been REDUCED, or DECREASE when the item quantities in stock have been INCREASED).
- If a user adds, deletes, or make adjustments to an ‘Inventory Quantity Adjustment’ in QBO this will also make the necessary adjustments and log entries in OS. See instructions below for that.
Objects & Functions
- Item Number: (Line 1, left side, not editable)
- Qty in Stock: (Line 1, right side, justified right, not editable)
- Description: (Line 2, entire width of form) (Not editable)
- —————————-Dividing line —————————
- ( ) Add to Inventory (Line 3, left side)
- ( ) Remove from Inventory (Line 4, left side)
- Quantity: This field will be displayed, right justified, on line 3 when the Add to Inventory radio button is clicked, or on line 4 when the Remove from Inventory radio button is clicked.
- Warehouse: This field will be displayed, in the center of line 3, when the Add to Inventory radio button is clicked. It will auto fill with the Default Warehouse assigned to the logged in User, (or the Main Warehouse if no Default Warehouse is assigned to the logged in user). It will be a drop down list showing all Warehouses.
- Receipt ID: (field with red border). This field will be displayed, in the center of line 4, when the Remove from Inventory radio button is clicked.
- Note: The user MUST enter a valid Receipt ID in order to remove x Qty from that particular Receipt. If the user enters X in the Quantity field, and the Receipt entered in the Receipt ID field has less than X then give this popup message: ‘You can only remove X from this Receipt. (Note: You may have to remove inventory from more than 1 Receipt, 1 Receipt at a time).’
- —————————-Dividing line —————————
- Cost: (Line 5, left side)
- When Remove from Inventory radio button is clicked this field will become un-editable and needs to auto fill with the Cost on the selected Receipt ID.
- When the Add to Inventory radio button is clicked this field will become editable and will auto fill with the Average weighted cost of the items in stock–following the COST calculation LOGIC located on the KBA for Pricing Items, in the section called Pricing Logic – By Default Pricing Type > Markup (section). Please calculate the cost using the same method but SKIP ‘#1-Get FixedCostForMarkupPricing’.
- Date Received: (Line 5, right side, justified right). This will be displayed when the Add to Inventory radio button is clicked.
- Vendor: (Line 6, left side, with drop down list of Vendors. This field will become disabled when the Remove from Inventory is clicked). (This field is Optional).
- Adjustment Notes: (Line 7, left side, editable). This is for the user to be able to enter any notes about the adjustment.
- Log Notes: (Line 8, text, but NOT in a text field box, just displayed under the Adjustment Notes field). This will auto fill (and will not be editable) following this auto creation method: ‘User X adjusted the stock level from x to y (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM)’ (This will be appended to the end of the Adjustment Notes when the OK button is clicked).
- Cancel button (White, button left corner).
- OK button (blue, button right corner).
Syncing Inventory Adjustments with QBO
- See the Overview section above for more details.
- Each time an adjustment is made to the item quantity in stock (in OneSource) this will create an ‘Inventory Quantity Adjustment’ in QBO to keep QBO in Sync.
- Each time an adjustment is made to the item quantity in stock (in QBO) this will make changes to the OS Receipt(s) in the following way:
- If QBO user ADDs more to stock we will make a NEW Receipt in OS and leave the Purchase Order field (in the Stock Receipt in OS) null, and enter the following in the Notes field: ‘QBO Inventory Quantity Adjustment # X.’ (Where X is the # that QBO assigns to the Inventory Qty Adjustment). We will also LOG the changes in the Inventory Log.
- If QBO user REMOVES from stock we will modify the existing Receipts (starting with the oldest first) and LOG the changes.