How to Hand Enter Open A/P (Accounts Payable) Bills before Going Live with OneSource
Last Updated On
0 out of 5 stars
You are here:
The Big Picture Objective is to…
- Enter all Open A/P (Accounts Payable) Vendor Invoices that are still open/unpaid from your existing system into OneSource
- Make sure to select the Accounts Payable GL Account for both the Debit and Credit (so when you enter your Beginning Balance Journal Entry later on (using your Balance Sheet from your older accounting system) the A/P balance will NOT get doubled).
- Make sure the total open A/P balance is the same in OneSource as it was in your older accounting system.
Step by Step:
- Accumulate your open/unpaid A/P Vendor Bills (or print out a copy of your open/unpaid Accounts Payable from your existing accounting system).
- Open OneSource and create a new A/P Bill for each unpaid bill (enter the total due for each Bill).
- Click AR/AP > Add New Bill
- Fill in all the fields Supplier, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Amount, etc.
- In the G/L Accounts on the right-hand side select the Accounts Payable account.
- Double-check your total A/P in OneSource.
- Print out a OneSource A/P Aging Summary report and compare the total to the total on the report you used as a source to enter the Bills. Do this by clicking Reports > Report Category > AP Reports and then select “AP Aging Summary (Historical)”. Select a wide date range to make sure all A/P Bills are included.
- Compare the total of the OneSource report to the report you used as a source to enter the Bills and make sure they match.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents