Field Mapping–Inventory Item Import – 5a – Inventory Search Catalog
Overview of the Item Price List – Inventory Search Catalog Template
This template has been designed especially for Auto Body Supply companies (or any company needing to the Quick Price Check (QPC) screen to find a part that could fit multiple makes or models of a car or some other type of item.
The way the ‘Catalog’ works in OneSource is as follows:
- The Inventory table holds the Item List of all items.
- The tblInventoryAlias table holds ‘search’ records related to 1 record in the Inventory table. If you had Item # GM1000817 in the Inventory table that fit 3 different Chevrolet vehicles: an 07-12 Chevrolet Avalanche, and an 07-12 Chevrolet Suburban, and an 07-12 Chevrolet Tahoe, then you would need 3 records in the tblInventoryAlias table that had the Year, Make, Model and Description fields for each record. If you create a spreadsheet with the headings and data below we will be able to import your catalog data properly for you.
Spreadsheet Template Example of Columns Headings with Some Sample Data
|GM1000817||1234567||Chevrolet Avalanche 07-12 – Front Bumper Cover (w/o off road package; prime)||07-12||Chevrolet||Avalanche||Bumper||Front|
|GM1000817||1234568||Chevrolet Suburban 07-12 – Front Bumper Cover (w/o off road package; prime)||07-12||Chevrolet||Suburban||Bumper||Front|
|GM1000817||1234545||Chevrolet Tahoe 07-12 – Front Bumper Cover (w/o off road package; prime)||07-12||Chevrolet||Tahoe||Bumper||Front|
|HO1100230||1056159||Honda Civic 04-05 – Rear Bumper Cover (4dr sedan, matte-black)||04-05||Honda||Civic||Bumper||Rear|
|HO1100230||1056076||Honda Civic Hybrid 04-05 – Rear Bumper Cover (4dr sedan, matte-black)||04-05||Honda||Civic Hybrid||Bumper||Rear|
Additional Notes About the Fields
- ItemNumber: This field is required. This is the Item Number field. This is the number that links the record to the ItemNumber in the Inventory table. This value does NOT need to be unique in this table.
- AliasItemNumber: This field is required, but the value can be a random, unique #. (Note: Partslink has a number for each catalog ‘application’ that is unique and unchanging).
- Description: The value entered in this field is what users will see when searching for a part AND will be the value that is transferred over to the Quotation, Sales Order, and Invoice description field. Some company’s like this value to be very descriptive (including the year, make, and model of the car), such as 08 Honda Accord, Front Bumper Cover. Other companies prefer just a simple description of the part, such as Front Bumper Cover. It is up to you to decide what description you want your users and customers to see as the description of the part.
- YearRange: This field is required. This shows the range of years that this part will fit for the given make and model. (Note: After we import your data into OneSource we will use this data to fill the YearsListing field that will have the years split out like this: 08,09,10,11,12 (if the Year Range = 08-12)
- Make: This field is required. This is the Make of the vehicle.
- Model: This field is required. This is the Model of the vehicle.
- Category: This field is required. This data helps the user filter the list of items down to a particular ‘category’ of part, such as Bumpers. (Note: If your company generally sells ‘hard/mechanical’ parts, where the ‘engine size’ is an import filter, then enter the Engine Size in this field).
- SubCategory: This field is required. This data helps the user filter the list of items down to a particular ‘sub category’ of part, such as Front Bumpers. (Note: If your company generally sells ‘hard/mechanical’ parts, where the ‘engine size’ is an import filter, then since you would have entered the engine size in the Category field above, be sure to enter the Category of the part in this field. Note, if you need to further sub-categorize the part make category-subcategory, such as Bumper-Front, Bumper-Rear, etc…)