Data Preparation and Clean up (after export but before import into OneSource)
Last Updated On
0 out of 5 stars
You are here:
- The # 1 factor in having your OneSource GoLive run smoothly (or not run smoothly) is directly related to having good, correct data in OneSource.
- There are numerous places in OneSource that ‘link’ to each other. The following is a list of the most common links/key values:
- Customer Number links to Sales Order and Invoice (when we import past sales history and open AR Invoices).
- Supplier Number links to Inventory Item records.
- GL Accounts link to Inventory Item records and Supplier Records.
- Payment Terms, Sales Tax Rates, Source of Order, and Shipped Via values are stored in Customer records and are then auto inserted (from the Customer record) onto the from Customer Records into Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices, and Credit Memo’s
- Inventory Product Pricing Groups link to Custom Pricing Templates
- Custom Pricing Templates and Product Pricing Groups link to Customer records.
- The key to getting the ‘values’ above in your data ‘correct’ is to make sure that they are used in a consistent way, interchangeably. For Instance. If your Inventory Item list has ABC Supplier as it’s default supplier, then whatever the Supplier Number is for ABC Supplier (on your exported list of Suppliers) needs to be the same number used to signify the Supplier in the Inventory Item List. For example:
- Your exported Item List may have these fields: Item Number, Item Description, Supplier Number, etc..
- Your exported Suppliers list may have these fields: Supplier Name, Supplier Number, etc
- In this example, the Supplier Number listed in the Inventory Item list must be the exact same Supplier Number used in the Supplier list. This ensures that the records are properly ‘linked’ to each other.
- Entering Default Values
- Chart of Accounts
- Payment Terms, Sales Tax Rates, Source of Order, Shipped Via
- Open the Company Setup & Preferences.
- Click on the Drop Down Lists tab.
- Fill in each of the lists as desired.
- Product Pricing Groups
- Custom Pricing Templates
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars
Table of Contents