AR – Statements
How to open the Customer Statements screen
- Click on the AR/AP Menu and select Customer Statements.
How to Print Customer Statements
- Select a Statement Type:
- Open Item is usually the best choice for regular monthly statements. (Be sure to select the To Date).
- Balance Forward is usually the best option when a customer requests a ‘full history’ of all debits/credits to their account for a range of time. (Be sure to select a Date Range. All activity before the selected From Date will appear as the ‘Balance Forward’ amount at the top of the Statement.
- Select the desired Statement Format. (The format options change depending on if you have selected Open Item or Balance Forward).
- Fill in the Minimum Customer Balance to Print a Statement field. (Fill in $0 if you don’t want to filter out any statements–even those for small amounts).
- Select All Customers or One Customer option.
- Select or unselect the options to Print Statements for Customers with Zero Balances and/or Print Statements for Customers with Credit Balances.
- Select one of the Payment Display options:
- Select Show Against Each Invoice if you want to display how each check you received was broken down. For instance. If you received a check for $300 that you applied to 3 different Invoices ($100 each), you would NOT see a payment for $300 but you would see 3 separate $100 payments with the individual Invoices they were applied to.
- Select Summarize Customer Payments if you want to display the full amount of each check you have received. In this case, the payment will be clearly identifiable, but it would NOT show which invoices it was applied to.
- Select Printing options:
- Select Print or Print Preview
- Select the # of copies.
- Select the desired Print Order.
- When ready click the Print button.
How to Determine How the Statements are Aged
- By default the Statements Age in 30-day cycles. If the Invoice is 1-30 days old the Invoice Amount will be included in the Current total. If the Invoice is 31-60 days old the Invoice Amount will be included in the 1-30 days past due total. Etc..
- If you have shorter payment terms, where Invoices my typically be due after 5 days, 10 days, 15 days, etc then you may want to check the Age by Due Date check box option to have the Invoices age by the number of days each invoice is from the Invoice date–depending on the Payment Terms assigned to each Invoice. For instance, if you check the Age by Due Date option, and you have a Payment Term called Net 7 (set up in the Company Setup & Preferences), and you have an Invoice that is 9 days old (that has Net 7 for the Payment terms), then the amount still due on that Invoice would appear in the 1-30 days past due column.
How to Group each Company’s Shipping Locations All on to 1 statement per Customer
- Click on the Group by Ship To Address checkbox.
How to Simplify Printing a Copy of All Invoices on all Statements
- If you want to print a copy of all invoices for all statements (to be included in the Statements that you print and send out), do this:
- Open the Print Statements screen and set all desired options.
- Click the Auto Mark Invoices option.
- Print the Statements as usual.
- Press F7 and look up any invoice.
- Click Print Marked to Print.
- Click Print or Print Preview option (in top right)
- Click the Print button.